• Teaching and Instructional Support: the Department's mission is to serve students and our profession by providing: a) high quality teaching programmes in Biosystem Engineering that prepare graduates for 21st century living and career opportunities; b) recruitment of new students; c) academic advisement and career counseling for students; d) job placement and follow-up for students; and e) advanced and continuing education.
• Research: the Department's mission is to develop and adapt knowledge and technologies that focus on engineering and management of agricultural and biological systems and related environmental resources, and to ensure continuing growth and development of the Faculty and the profession through the implementation of interdisciplinary research programmes.
• Extension: the Department's mission is to develop and deliver effective programme that help people improve their lives through the educational process that uses scientific and research-based knowledge focused on issues and needs.
• To provide high quality educational programmes in various areas of Biosystem Engineering.
• To generate new knowledge in engineering and allied technologies for agriculture, food system, and environmental resources.
• To transfer information and technology to the people of Trakya region, the country, and the world.
• To achieve and maintain effective partnership relations.